Foster bridges the gap between the static, vicarious living that currently exists in social networking, and your day-to-day real life interactions. It is social networking at its finest, optimized entirely for mobile.
* Rotate-to-Map: Want to see where your friends are right now? Just turn your phone to landscape view, no button-pushing required. A full-screen map will appear with filter options and search capability.
* Clusters: Clusters offer an easy way for people to communicate with, and see the locations of, other members of the Cluster, even if they are not Foster friends. Clusters are meant to emulate how social interactions work in real life. Equipped with a Message Board and Invite capabilities, Clusters personify dynamic social networking.
* Optimized Battery Life: Foster uses the location data from your phone in the most efficient manner possible, using Wifi networks when available and GPS otherwise. From within the app itself, your location is updated when a button is pushed. When outside the app, your location is only updated whenever you make a significant location change, minimizing the draw on your phone’s battery for only times when it actually makes sense to pull the data.
* Comprehensive Privacy Settings: Foster is built with three complete layers of privacy. At any moment, you can be as public or as private as you want to make yourself. You can:
1. Globally turn your location on and off from the Home Screen.
2. Organize your friends into Lists and turn the Lists on or off.
3. Block individuals either for certain periods of time or indefinitely.
* Custom UI: Foster’s design is built to be seamless & intuitive. There’s no getting lost inside this app. Go into and out of panels and seamlessly move across tabs with just the swipe of a finger.
* Relevant Location Visualization: The current version of Foster automatically displays all of your friends within 50 miles of your current location. To search for other friends on the network, anywhere in the world, just do a map search, zoom out, and you will see them.